The way we passed:
- 2006: Membrane Bioreactor Group started its work in order to use MBR technology in wastewater treatment and reuse;
- 2007: Becoming a member of European MBR network
- 2009: Holding the first international conference of advancement in wastewater treatment and reuse (AWTR)
- 2010: Providing the draft suggestion for establishing UNESCO Chair on Water Reuse
- 2011: University of Tehran submitted its proposal to the UNESCO national commission.
- 2013: UNESCO approved the proposal and University of Tehran was allowed to run Water Reuse UNESCO Chair.
- 2014: During the visit of Madam Irina Bokova, UNESCO General Director from University of Tehran, UCWR officially started its activities.